Five things I like.
1. Check out Ariana's driftwood mobile. It is a beautiful way to bring simple color and texture into a winter home.
2. Christine Mason Miller is giving away the most beautiful treasures on her blog for the entire month of January. I think her blog posts are little daily gifts in and of themselves.
3. Catherine Newman writes about fondue in her perfectly witty way and it gave me a hankering. Plus, after reading the post, I feel like it is less of an event and more of a humble family meal sort of thing. As much as I love cheese fondue, it always makes me pine away for a pot of warm chocolate. I can't decide between savory and sweet, and doing both makes it feel a tiny bit less easy. Thoughts? I'm easily convinced.
4. This crocheted stool cozy is such a clever, happy project. I feel like it makes the stool so much more seat worthy and throne like (in the humblest of ways).
5. Jennifer Rosner, friend and local author, wrote this honest, beautiful memoir which chronicles her family's journey with deafness (both past and present). This is a short video with clips from one her book readings. Just listen to the first passage - I well up (with joy) every time I hear it.